Thursday

Studio photography - Headshot

Today I worked on some photographs I had taken in the studio a while back, below you will see a before and after ad see how I achieved it.

1. I cropped the picture into a nice rectangle.
2. Used levels to brighten the picture correctly and used the select white tool to get rid of the background.

3. I then made the curves into a very slight "S" shape to improve the contrast.
4. Next I airbrushed the face a little by painting on a layer of her skin tone (used eye dropper) then added noise Filters > Noise > add noise, and blurred it appropriately Filter > Blur > Gaussian blur.
5. With this layer on top I reduced the opacity to about 40% - play around with this until it looks right. Turn the layer on and off to see the difference :)

6. The final two steps were a small adjustments to the levels again just to neaten up the airbrush layer.
7. Then I flattened the image.
8. Lastly, I added a vignette Filter > Lens correction > Custom > Vignette (The "midpoint" and "amount" sliders)


Before.


 After.


No comments:

Post a Comment